TO: Technology Coordinator
FROM: Data Recognition Customer Support
DATE: December 16, 2020
RE: ACCESS and Screener Testing Device Preparation - Reminders
As your sites begin testing ACCESS for ELLs and WIDA Screener Online, we would like to remind you of some important steps for preparing testing devices.
Because DRC INSIGHT software does not turn off processes running in the background of a testing device, DRC recommends technology coordinators temporarily disable them before testing. The student testing experience may be interrupted if software and processes running in the background are not disabled. Some considerations:
- Intelligent Personal Assistant (IPA) software such as Siri and Cortana.
- Collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, Google Chat, Google Meet, and Zoom.
- Microsoft Game Bar
If students are testing ACCESS for ELLs or WIDA Screener Online on devices that have been used for remote learning and instruction, and have not been on the site network recently, we recommend you perform the following steps before using the device for testing.
- Confirm all software updates have been reliably installed. If Operating System updates need to be installed, please allow for enough time to complete the updates prior to student testing.
- Confirm the current version of DRC INSIGHT software has been installed.
- Consider having a small number of devices available that are sanitized between students.
Other things to consider prior to testing this year are:
- Due to social distancing and testing location logistics, you may be testing in different areas of the building than prior years. If so, confirm these areas of the building have adequate network and access point capacity.
- As network utilization may be different this year, be aware of concurrent remote learning bandwidth needs and the amount of network utilization needed to support it as well as testing.
- Reference the Supported System Requirements for ACCESS for ELLs and Screener - October 2020-February 2021 document located in the DRC INSIGHT Portal (WIDA AMS) under My Applications > General Information > Documents, for updates on support for new and retired operating systems.